Brill will discuss a variety of legal questions involving mascots, such as:
- Can a fan sue a team for injuries resulting from objects thrown by a mascot?
- Can a California or Ohio plaintiff sue if he was distracted by a mascot’s performance when he was injured by a foul ball?
- Is a mascot’s act involving a large purple dinosaur trademark infringement or parody?
- Do the actions of an “unofficial mascot” tarnish the protected trademarks of a baseball franchise?
- Can a mascot be fired for disparaging comments posted on social media?
- Does the arrest of protestors burning a mascot effigy violate free speech rights?